Monday, August 27, 2012

What's in My August Glossybox

I just received my August Glossybox this past weekend and wanted to share with you all my thoughts on it and what I got in my box. Most of the boxes are pretty similiar unlike Bircbhox where there is much more variety between what people get in their boxes. I was half ok with my box and half not so happy. So I think 50% isn't so bad. I pad almost $22 for this box which is a good value for what I got but I just wish I liked the products that I got more.

The theme of the August box is "Pure Luxury". Here is what the card says, "A balmy summer has come to a close and your body is in need of genuine TLC. Pamper yourself in this month's GLOSSYBOX by nourishing your body form head to toe with rich, technologically advanced products infused with vitamins, natural oils and sublime color. The exquisite selection of cosmetics will preserve your sun-kissed beauty, leaving you looking healthy and radiant. As the season comes to an end, wrap yourself in pure luxury." Here's what I got in my box for August:

What's in My August Glossybox


It seems like the each month Glossybox has now started including a mini magazine in each box. I could do without these magazines and would much prefer getting more products rather than them paying for the cost of designing and printing these magazines but they are ok. In this magazine is information on neon trends, celebrity hair colors, beauty secrets from makeup artist James Vincent, and products that the staff swear by.

August Glossybox Magazine



This box included a .5oz Ole Henricksen Truth Serum. This is is a great serum and I have used this several times and have purchased this on my own at times. This is also a nice sample size that could last quite a while for a sample. I'm excited to have this and it will come in handy for travel. Glossybox describes this as "This high powered vitamin C complex helps smooth out lines and wrinkles, fights environmental aggressors and keeps your skin moisturized, nourished, and protected." A 1 oz full size retails for $48. So this sample basically paid for the box at $24.

Ole Henricksen Truth Serum



Next up is an Illamasqua Nail Varnish. I have never tried this brand and would love to try it but I just don't love the color in Glory. It's pretty but I don't think I would wear it enough. This is a full size product at .5 oz and retails for $14. If this had come in another color I would have been very happy. 

Illamasqua Glory Nail Polish



Next is the Touch in Sol, Feel like Honey Moon Skin Base. I'm open to trying out new primers but doubt that this will really work too well. This is supposed to be an all in one moisturizer and makeup base. The texture feels like a serum and the smell is ok. A full size is 1.13 oz and retails for $20. We received 1.06 fl oz so almost a full size.

Touch by Sol



Of course this box included a hair oil called ExquisiteOil Replenishing Treatment. What beauty box doesn't include a hair oil? I basically don't have to buy hair oil for the rest of my life. This is by Matrix Biolage. It definitely has some kind of silicone in it and has a great fruity smell. This is a great size for travel which I like. You could also keep this in your handbag for at work or school if you need to touch up your hair. "This treatment is a versatile serum infused with a Moringa Oil Blend. This ultimate potion gives instant shine and weightless replenishment to all hair types. A full size is 3.1 oz and $22. We received .16 oz in this sample. 

Biolage Exquisite



We received an Ellis Faas Glazed Lips in L209. Normally I would have been super excited to receive this product but the color of this was just so ugly. I would never ever wear it. It's like an orange/brown color. Who would wear that on their lips? I find it super annoying when beauty boxes think they are doing you a favor by giving you a high end product and then give you possibly the ugliest color that the brand sells. I just don't get it! "This lightweight and long-lasting lip products come in three fabulous textures; creamy lips for a matte finish, milky lips for a gloss finish and glazed lips for a touch of color. They are paraben-free, loaded with vitamin E and blend into the lips leaving them soft and conditioned." A full size of .095 oz retails for $35. This is a full size product. 

Ellis Faas Lip

So that's it for the August box. I'm ok with some of the products but hope next month they either give us better colors or better products. I know that the value is there this month but I just hated the colors. If you got a box this month what did you think of your box?

xx
Meredith 

3 comments:

  1. Shame about that lipgloss, but I'd be super excited to receive an Illamasqua product!

    abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stumbled upon your blog and really enjoying having a read through it all! I love the idea of these boxes, what a lovely thing to look forward to in the mail. I'll have to investigate what comparable things they have here in Australia. Shame you didn't like a lot of the colours though, I hate it when that happens! Such a tease!

    Now following you :) Look forward to reading lots more!

    Just recently started my own blog at yakateyyak.blogspot.com.au
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are fun to get but very hit or miss. You never know if the month is going to be good, ok, or bad but usually there is always something in each box that I like. Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

      Delete