Saturday, September 15, 2012

NYX Blush in Angel: Swatches, Photos, & Review

This review is on the NYX powder blush in Angel. For some reason it seems like there is a lot of variability in what color people get. I've heard that from a few people and when I was looking at swatches online it seemed like they looked different on many blogs. For the price, these are excellent blushes. I usually get mine from either Harmon's which is located in Bed, Bath, and Beyond or online at Cherry Culture. You get .18 oz/5.2 grams of product and they retail for around $6. I try to get them when Cherry Culture is having a sale. The color is a peachy/pink color with some sheen but the sheen doesn't show up as much on the cheeks. I think this blush would work well for fair to medium skin tones. Any darker and it would be too light of a blush.


NYX Blush in Angel: Swatches, Photos, & Review



NYX Blush in Angel: Swatches, Photos, & Review


The formulation is highly pigmented but a little chalky. The color blends out nicely on my cheeks and is very buildable if you want a lighter or darker color. The blush lasts about the same amount of time as my other high end blushes which is nice. This color just gives my cheeks a nice natural glow. It's a great everyday blush. I really like the clear top so that you can see the color through when you are looking for a blush. Nars for example makes it so hard to find a blush when you have a lot of them. 

NYX Blush in Angel: Swatches, Photos, & Review

NYX Blush in Angel: Swatches, Photos, & Review

NYX Blush in Angel: Swatches, Photos, & Review
Swatch on finger to show pigmentation

NYX Blush in Angel: Swatches, Photos, & Review
Blush is very powdery


NYX Blush in Angel: Swatches, Photos, & Review
Swatches blended out and heavy
So that's my review on NYX Angel blush. I really like this color. I hope that you like this as much as I do. If you are fair to medium skin and don't have this blush you should for sure pick it up. This is also a cruelty free product so if you like to only buy cruelty free products then this is a good brand to check out. What are some of your favorite NYX blushes?

xx
Meredith

6 comments:

  1. The color looks really nice, I don't know if it would work with my skin tone though.

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are fair to medium it would work any dark I doubt it.

      Delete
  2. I have been wanting to get my hands on Angel for a long time. It looks really wearable even though it varies in color like you said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its pretty. It pretty much goes with everything.

      Delete
  3. I always love the look of nyx blushers, I wish they were more readily available in the uk!

    Found you throughthebbloggers hop x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I feel the same way about some UK brands. I hope that you enjoy my blog and welcome! I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. It means a lot to know people read and enjoy my posts.

      Delete