Friday, September 14, 2012

What's in My September Birchbox

So this month's Birchbox theme was around fashion. This past week was NYC fashion week so this is perfect timing for a fashion theme. I do find that the themes don't have much to do with what you get in your box but its still a cute idea. So here is what the message on the card says, "September marks the starting line for the season's fashion bonanza. We'll leave the 900+ page fall fashion issues to Vogue, but that doesn't mean we don't have plenty of inspiration to share. We've put together a mini-mag filled with ten of our favorite fall beauty trends. Flip through to get inspired!" 

What's in My September Birchbox
September Birchbox


What's in My September Birchbox

What's in My September Birchbox
Loving the Blue paper

What's in My September Birchbox

What's in My September Birchbox


One of the lifestyle extra's this month was a digital download from Tristan Prettyman. I was fortunate enough to hear her perform recently at the Birchbox Sample Stop event and she is amazing. I highly recommend to everyone checking out her music. I love her!
What's in My September Birchbox
What I got in my box

What's in My September Birchbox

What's in My September Birchbox
Fall Lookbook Mini Magazine


The first thing in my box were these brush guards. For some reason there are only 3 in my bag but a full size comes with 4. They retail for $5.50. So this was worth about $4.12 since I only got 3. I've never tried brush guards so I am super excited to try these out for travel. I'm really glad I got these.  Birchbox says, "Slip these handy protectors over your makeup brushes to keep bristles in top-notch condition even when you're on the go."
What's in My September Birchbox Brush Guard

What's in My September Birchbox



Next up is the Wei to Go Beauty Sleep Over kit. It includes an oil cleanser and some type of foundation. I use the Boscia oil cleanser every night so I am also up for trying out new oil cleansers. The foundation I doubt I will like but I'll try it out. I'm happy that I got light though. The full size retails for $19. I estimate this around $2.28. Birchbox says, "Wash away dirt and debris with the camellia oil-infused gel cleanser, then perfect your skin with the moisturizing face tint."
What's in My September Birchbox Wei to Go Sleep Over Kit

What's in My September Birchbox


Next is the Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator. I have never heard of this brand but its a great size and I always like trying new skincare. This retails for $34 and this size is worth around  $5.60. This product is sulfate and paraben free and is made in Canada. Birchbox says, "This exfoliating cleanser uses professional grade (read: effective) microderm crystals and papaya enzymes to brighten dull skin."
What's in My September Birchbox



Included in this box was a $25 gift card with a purchase of $75 or more at Madewll. That's great because I love that store. I'm excited to use this for some new fun Fall/Winter fashion.
What's in My September Birchbox

What's in My September Birchbox


So now onto the fun secret package.....
What's in My September Birchbox
The Fun Little Surprise Packaging

First thing I saw was this mini color club nail polish in Put a Pin In It. Unfortunately I picked this up already at the Sample Stop event, so now I have two. I will probably either put this on my blog sale or do a giveaway with this. I love the color though. This retails for $8 and this size if $4 since it's about half the size of a full sized nail polish. Birchbox says, "We teamed up with Color Club to create this custom shade, inspired by the Fall 2012 collections."
What's in My September Birchbox Color Club Put a Pin In It

What's in My September Birchbox


Next up is the twistband in this really pretty lace pattern. I love this so much and I can always use another rubberband for my hair. This is worth about $2.33 which is kind of a lot for a hairband but I like it. Birchbox says, "Designers went gaga for lace this season and we don't blame them. Get on board with these ouch-free hair ties."
What's in My September Birchbox Lace Twistband


Last but not least is the Birchbox regular perfume sample. I'll never not have perfume samples thanks to Birchbox. Well the good news here is that I actually like this perfume. So better to get a good smelling one then something I don't like. I'm happy with this fragrance. A full size retails for $83. This mini is worth around $2.49. Birchbox says, "With waves of ripe fruit and a base of heady jasmine, this luxurious scent is the perfect accessory to fall outfits."
What's in My September Birchbox BVLGARI Mon Jasmin Noir


So that's it for my September Birchbox. Overall I am very happy with this box. I love getting nail polish, especially when they are colors I like to wear. I also enjoy getting skincare and like trying out new brands. Finally I'm excited to try out the brush guards. I've never tried brush guards so that will be fun to try out. What did you all get in your Birchbox? Were you happy with what you got?

xx
Meredith 

4 comments:

  1. I got the same box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you like it? I liked mine a lot. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. Boo! :( Haven't received my box yet...but I love the nail polish color you got. I can't wait to get mine...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you get your box? What did you get in yours?

      Delete